I got the Martha Stewart cupcake book and the first thing I had to try was her oreo cheesecake cupcakes. They were super easy and very similar to the philly 3 step cheesecake recipe I use. If you want something simple and pretty make these asap. These are amazing. MS sure knows her stuff!! I totally forgot to take pic's along the way. ;) Enjoy!
Martha Stewart's Oreo Cheesecake Cupcakes
- 42 Oreo, cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies, 30 left whole and 12 coarsely chopped
- 2 pounds cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sour cream
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275° F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole Oreo cookie in the bottom of each lined muffin cup.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until smooth, scraping down sides of the bowl as needed. Gradually add the sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a little at a time, beating to combine and scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Add in sour cream and salt, beat to combine. Using a large spatula, fold in the chopped Oreo cookies.
- Divide batter evenly among the cookie-filled muffin cups, fill each cup almost to the top. Bake, rotating muffin tins halfway through, until the filling is set, about 22 to 28 minutes. Transfer the muffins tins to a wire rack to cool completely. Refrigerate (in the muffin tins) at least 4 hours (or overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.