Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting


This is my GO TO peanut butter frosting recipe I found on Allrecipes.com waaay back. The most easiest, yummiest PB frosting!! It is delicious on cakes, as fillers and tops cupcakes beautifully! I'm sure it would top brownies just as nice and be a fab combo!  This is the frosting I used to pipe the  peanut butter fudge cheesecake on my blog. recipe as follows.

Original Recipe Yield 2 cups
  
 Ingredients
  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 3 tablespoons milk, or as needed
  • 2 cups confectioners' sugar

Directions

 Place the butter and peanut butter into a medium bowl, and beat with an electric mixer. 
Gradually mix in the sugar, and when it starts to get thick, incorporate milk one tablespoon at a time until all of the sugar is mixed in and the frosting is thick and spreadable.
Beat for at least 3 minutes for it to get good and fluffy. This picture is only after 1 minute. keep beating!!!!
Here is a picture of the cake I frosted for my friends bday cake last August. It was a homemade chocolate cake with peanut butter icing with chocolate fudge filling and peanut butter cups ALL OVER!! She was very happy. :) HA HA, I guess I was still impatient then, I could've decorated a little nicer. LOL. I really need to pay attention to detail!.
 They we're even nice enough to include the nutritional information. :) Thanks allrecipes!!

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Nutritional Information
Fluffy Peanut Butter Frosting
Servings Per Recipe: 16
Amount Per Serving
Calories: 209
  • Total Fat: 14.1g
  • Cholesterol: 16mg
  • Sodium: 135mg
  • Total Carbs: 18.8g
  •     Dietary Fiber: 1g
  • Protein: 4.2g

No comments: