Wednesday, September 22, 2010

w.w. friendly chicken parmesan.

 
Thank you Gina for another delicious weight watchers recipe.  The recipe calls for the obvious mozzarella but this dum dum went to the grocery store and completely forgot it, so I had to use what was on hand...but who can discriminate against cheese? Not me! My husband and I really enjoyed this dish.  Not heavy at all and you don't feel bad about eating it because it's HEALTHY!! woo hoo!! I served it with some whole wheat thin spaghetti sprayed with "I can't believe it's not butter" and sprinkled a little grated parm on hubbys pasta.   This took little prep and will be made again and again. Of course next time I won't forget the mozzarella. ;) Also you only see 4 chicken breast in my photo. I used 2 and cut them in half so I had to half the recipe because it calls for 4 chicken breast halved into 8 but when it's just the two of you that's a lot of food. Wow I hope that made sense.  

Baked Chicken Parmesan
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 8 Size: 1 piece Time: 40 minutes Calories: 231 Points: 5.5 ww points
  • 4 (8 oz) chicken breast halves, sliced in half
  • 3/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 tbsp butter, melted
  • 3/4 cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese (I used Sargento)
  • 1 cup marinara or Filetto di Pomodoro
  • cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450°. Spray a large baking sheet lightly with spray.
Combine breadcrumbs and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Melt the butter in another bowl. Lightly brush the butter onto the chicken, then dip into breadcrumb mixture.  

Place on baking sheet and repeat with the remaining chicken. Lightly spray a little more cooking oil on top and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.

Turn chicken over, bake another 5 minutes. Remove from oven, spoon sauce over chicken and top with shredded cheese. Bake 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
 ENJOY!!!

No comments: