Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp


I have been on a curry kick as of late.  But it's offically over. lol. I guess having eggplant curry and now shrimp curry in the same week was TOO much curry for this household.  This shrimp was soo good and once I'm in the mood for curry again I'll be making this dish.  It is another recipe from Gina's weight watchers website I was dying to try and I'm so glad I did.  Hope you enjoy it as well.

Thai Coconut Curry Shrimp
Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4th Points: 3 pts
Calories: 146.1 • Fat: 6.1g Protein: 19 g Carb: 2.6 g Fiber: 0.4 g 


  • 1 tsp oil
  • 4 scallions, whites and greens separated, chopped
  • 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
  • 6 oz light coconut milk
  • 2 tsp fish sauce
  • 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
  • salt to taste
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add scallion whites and red curry paste and sauté one minute.

Add shrimp and garlic, season with salt and cook about 2-3 minutes.

Add coconut milk, fish sauce and mix well.  Simmer about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp is cooked through.

Remove from heat, mix in scallion greens and cilantro.
 Serve over rice and enjoy!!

No comments: