Thursday, October 7, 2010

Diet Soda Chocolate Cake


Yes you read that correctly!! :)  Some of you know I tried these black bean brownies because I have been trying to find low calorie sweets to bake! They we're not a hit! lol.  Mike swears he had bean skin on his tooth! LOL! I won't be making those again but they got wicked good reviews so you can't blame me for giving them a try! They weren't very sweet but kind of resembled little debbie brownies.  Real moist and dense!! Anyways, I went back searching Gina's weight watcher site and came across diet soda cake.  She said you can use ANY box cake mix with ANY flavor diet soda.  I just had diet cream soda on hand and a box of chocolate cake mix! It also has 2 egg whites to make it fluffy.  This cake was moist and fluffy and it doesn't taste low calorie at all! My neighbor who is a chocolate lover had no idea it was made with diet soda until I told him and he was shocked! This one is definitely a keeper! I put half a cup semi sweet chocolate chips and divided the batter between two 9 inch rounds. Enjoy!

adapted from Gina's w.w. site
Servings: 12 pieces Bake Time: 29 minutes Points: 3.5 ww points

  • 1 dry box cake, any flavor
  • 10 oz diet soda, any flavor
  • 2 egg whites
  • Baking spray
Preheat oven according to box directions. Spray 9 x 13 pan.
Beat cake mix, diet soda and egg whites. Pour into pan.



Bake as directed on box, or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
Let cake cool about 10 minutes before cutting. Cut into 12 pieces. Top with fat free whipped cream.  I sprinkled powdered sugar on the cake I served our guests AND topped it with whipped cream.  :)


1 comment:

David said...

Yum! I'm adding this to my list of 'must try' recipes. I recently saw a recipe on the food network where a chef used soda when making a pork roast. Who knew! :)