Monday, March 22, 2010

Holy Fantastic Low Carb Pizza!!




I'm currently on Atkins again...Because I have this problem and it's called 'Loving Cheese'!...I literally would eat different cheeses every night, gouda, asiago, dill havarti, cream havarti. muentser, and the list goes on.  So I gained 10 pounds in about 2 months. Not to mention the Martha Stewart cupcake book I bought! oh that did wonders for my figure! :) So Atkins is a diet I can be on and still enjoy cheeeeeese! I've done it in the past and kept the weight off for a year (well until I met Martha's cupcakes) so I thought "Why not do it again Mish? You can have cheese again! and be the carnivore that you are!" My thoughts won the battle. . Sooo tonight I decided to take a chance and make a low carb pizza recipe I found online. Not sure what the total net carb count is but it seems pretty low due to just being cheese, sauce, and toppings. recipe as follows.

Batter:
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese



Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Blend softened cream cheese and eggs together until smooth in a medium mixing bowl Add in Parmesan cheese and heavy cream and continue mixing.
Grease a cookie sheet and evenly spread out about 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese.
Pour the batter evenly over the cheese "rebar" and assist in getting the mixture all the way to the edge and leveled out. Bake for 25-30 minutes (at 375 degrees). Cooking times will vary based on your oven and altitude so check on it after about 20 minutes and then again every couple minutes and remove when the top starts to brown.


On the top:
1/2 cup (or less) pizza sauce or tomato sauce (the lowest carb you can find)
@1 cup mozzarella cheese
pizza toppings (choose wisely based on your daily carb limit)

Sparingly spread some of the pizza sauce and then cover with the remaining mozzarella cheese and any other toppings you have on hand.  The more low carb toppings you add, the more filling each slice will be.  Put the pizza back in the oven for another 5-10 minutes to melt the cheese and warm up your toppings.

 This pizza was Fantastic! and the best part is it actually makes a crust!! not just some flimsy low carb pizza crust you can't pick up. It smelled and tasted like carbtastic pizza!

No comments: