Wow, my poor neglected blog. sniff sniff. I feel so bad. I still haven't posted recipes from last summer!! sigh..Oh well, can't undo the past. I just haven't been in the mood to food blog. I will however blog about this lamb recipe because it is delicious so thought I'd share. :) Mike and I have been on a lamb craving frenzy lately. I'm surprised we haven't started raising them in the back yard just so we can eat them!! nom nom nom. I don't know when or how it started but it did. We went from never buying lamb chops in our lives to having to buy it at least every 2 weeks! It is just so damn good. As much as I'd love to buy an actual rack of lamb or a leg of lamb, that is just not in our meat budget. for two teeny weeny racks it was $28.00 at Sam's club. Yikes! Soo we've been buying lamb shoulder chops that are between $6-$8 per lb depending on the sale and they are awesome!! Enjoy!
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, lightly crushed
- 2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 1-1/4-inch-thick lamb loin chops ( I use lamb shoulder chops because suit my wallet more. lol )
- Mix first 4 ingredients and 1 tablespoon olive oil in large bowl. Add lamb; turn to coat. Let marinate at room temperature at least 30 minutes and up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over high heat. Add lamb; cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and roast lamb chops to desired doneness, about 10 minutes for medium-rare. Transfer lamb to platter, cover, and let rest 5 minutes. ( I did NOT do the oven step, I simply fried my shoulder shops in the cast iron skillet for about 6 minutes a side for well done and then let rest for 5.)
This looks great, Mish. I will definitely try it. I have an oven safe Pampered Chef skillet. I will try it in the oven after browning. I've never really had lamb before except for Gyros at Horton Plaza. I'm super excited. Thanks!
I am going to have to try this...I love lamb chops!
Post a Comment